ENERGY IS POWER, LET’S CAPTURE IT
Anyone who has stood next to any refrigeration unit will be aware of the colossal amounts of heat being wasted to the atmosphere. Worse than that we use extra electricity to power fans to blow the heat into the atmosphere
Just imagine being able to capture all that heat and re-use it for FREE
Heat Recovery can do just that
Our range of heat recovery systems can recover heat from the smallest refrigerated display cabinet to the largest commercial application.
- The system is simple to install
- It has no moving parts (no maintenance)
- Can recover up to 100% of the heat generated by a refrigeration plant
- 100% fail safe, double walled technology ensure that water and refrigerant cannot ever mix.
- Pressure regulated to prevent over condensing
HOW DOES IT WORK?
In simple terms the hot refrigeration gas that is normally sent to the condenser for cooling is diverted to pass through a heat recovery system where it heats the water and then returns back to the refrigeration plant. Once the water is heated or there is more waste heat than needed the hot gas would pass to the condenser in the normal way. The refrigeration unit works in exactly the way it was designed to do, whether it is providing hot water or not.
- Each kilowatt of energy used to power a refrigeration plant produces 3 – 4 kilowatts of heat energy (which is normally wasted)
- It takes only a small amount of unwanted heat to raise the temperature of water from 10°C heat water to 50°C
- 10°C is the average cold water temperature, 50°C is hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns if in contact with skin for more than 5 minutes.
NO FOOD BUSINESS SHOULD BE PAYING TO HEAT THEIR WATER
WILL IT WORK FOR ME?
If you have a refrigeration unit and use hot water the answer is YES.
The larger the hot water usage the larger the saving.
If you would like to save £££’s by installing a heat recovery system, call us to arrange a free site survey TODAY!
Holiday Park heated by electric
Install Cost: £8,000 Annual Saving: 53,000 kw at 7p / £3750 & 28 tonnes of carbon
Large Food Manufacturer heating by gas
Install Cost: £45,000 Annual Saving: 477,000 kw at 3p / £14,330 & 90 tonnes of carbon
Butchers heating water by electric
Install Cost: £4,500 Annual Saving: 14,300 kw at 14p / £2,000 & 8 tonnes of carbon