What is Remote Refrigeration?
Traditional refrigeration equipment often just plugs in to a standard 13 Amp plug socket (or some larger equipment might need a 20 Amp supply - similar to that used by your oven at home). These plug-in or 'integral' units are self contained in that all the components required for it to run are contained within the cabinet.
A remote cabinet, as the name suggests involves the placement of the refrigeration 'engine' seperate from the main cabinet - usually on an external wall or roof.
A remote cabinet requires the installation of pipe work and electrics in order to pass the refrigerant through the display case inside your shop. For this reason all installations of remote refrigeration equipment need to be undertaken by a qualified refrigeration engineer.
Jordon has a large nationwide network of specialist refrigeration engineers who will ensure that your equipment is installed safely and efficiently leaving you to run your business without worry.
Remote cabinets available from The Jordon Group include:
- Remote Multidecks - perfect for displaying dairy produce, drinks, ready meals and alcohol in convenience stores, off licenses and supermarkets
- Remote serve over counters - ideal for the busy butchers and supermarket
- Remote back bar chillers - for night clubs and pubs where heat build up resulting from installation of standard integral back bar units is an issue
Benefits of buying a remote cabinet include:
- he condensing unit (or engine) of the fridge is seperate from the display cabinet.
- The condensing unit is usually positioned outside, on a wall or on a flat roof. This takes the heat and noise generated as a result of the cooling process outside your shop.
- Because the condensing unit is outside this allows more of the cabinet to be used as display space, enabling you to display more products and sell more.
- So not only does a remote cabinet look more professional, it also helps prevent heat build up and allows you to showcase a wider range of products.
Generally Jordon will conduct a site survey prior to the installation of any remote refrigeration equipment - this is necessary in order to talk you through the recommended positioning for the external condensing unit and to plan the installation of your equipment.
If you have any questions about how remote equipment works or whether you would be better going for an integral or remote cabinet please call out sales hotline today on 0845 408 4426